The precious metals they sell for the ring bands include different qualities and gold styles, including 10k, 14k, and 18k yellow gold, rose gold, and white gold. Pompeii3 also sells rings made of platinum, a precious metal that looks similar to 18k or 14k white gold.
The most common engagement ring stone is, of course, the diamond. Pompeii3 sells diamonds with a large variety of colors, cuts, and carat weights.
You can also find the three other precious gems—sapphire, emerald, and ruby. And the brand also carries semi-precious stones like citrine (a yellow stone), morganite (pink-orange), and moissanite (transparent).
In addition to the large selection of wedding bands and engagement rings, you can also find a broad necklace and bracelet selection and all types of earrings.
Unfortunately, Pompeii3 is an excellent example of the expression “you get what you pay for.”
First, the brand sells very low karat numbers, which means the gold in your wedding ring contains less precious metal than you might think.
The industry standard is usually 18k (which is also what we sell here at Blush and Bar). But in addition to 18k, Pompeii3 sells 14k gold and 10k gold, which is only around 42% gold—the other 58% is made of different metals like copper or zinc.
There are also complaints that the craftsmanship is relatively poor. For example, a prong might not be strong enough, and you’ll end up with a ring with loose diamonds.
Speaking of diamonds, many reviewers have been disappointed. What looks like a great gemstone on the website turns out to be a far less impressive gem in real life.
The most common issue is a visible inclusion, which means a spot or stain inside the diamond you can see with the naked eye. There are also complaints of diamond studs, or diamond engagement rings with a brown or yellow stone.
While you can buy an appraisal of Pompeii3 jewelry for $25 with your order, you should note that this is an in-house gemologist. The industry standard is a third-party gemology appraisal lab such as GIA.
As a result, this certificate won’t be nearly as reliable as you might find elsewhere. If you submit your loose diamonds to a qualified certifying lab, you could be disappointed with the results.
Pompeii3 has the worst reviews of any jewelry brand I’ve researched—and that’s saying a lot. Not a single review site I found gives the brand three stars or better.
On WeddingWire, Pompeii3 has 2.9 stars based on 114 reviews. Only 59% of couples would recommend it—a very low number.
For comparison, other online diamond retailers like Blue Nile and James Allen have thousands of reviews on WeddingWire, and 94% and 96% of couples would recommend the brands, respectively.
On fellow wedding site The Knot, Pompeii3 has 2.5 stars from 36 reviews. And on Trustpilot, there are only four reviews, but they’re all negative—leading to a rating of 2.7 stars.
I also found one expert review on GoodGem.org, who unsurprisingly says Pompeii3 is on the lower end of fine jewelry and has overall poor quality.
The complaints range from a poor quality wedding band to a center stone with terrible clarity, long or delayed shipping, lost packages, poor customer service, and even the claim that Pompeii3 has switched diamonds during repairs.
The final word on Pompeii3
Pompeii3 sells fine jewelry, but about the lowest quality you’ll find anywhere. While they focus on low price and affordable pieces, you get what you pay for.
The rings’ craftsmanship and the quality of the diamonds are below virtually every other fine jewelry brand. What you’ll buy often looks far worse in real life than on the website and has a meager resale value.
If you’re looking for an affordable ring, I’d look to demi-fine pieces, like the gold vermeil we sell here at Blush and Bar. If you’re going to buy fine jewelry, look for a retailer with quality offerings and heed the advice of reviewers—stay away from Pompeii3.
THE BLUSH AND BAR PROMISE
Skip the markup
Most retail stores charge 8 to 10 times the actual cost while Blush and Bar sells directly to you. No stores, cashiers, or middlemen means more savings in your pocket.
No Green Guarantee
Never worry about your jewelry turning green 18K Gold Vermeil assures your jewelry lasts. For a piece to be considered Vermeil, the Gold must be a minimum of 10k and 1.5 microns. We use 18k Gold layered on 925 Sterling Silver.
Our team handles everything from stone setting to polishing the finished product.We’re proud to make jewelry you can afford to enjoy wearing.