The secret to keeping jewelry looking brand new throughout years of use is proper care and storage. And truth be told, proper care is especially important when it comes to preserving and protecting gold vermeil jewelry. Wondering how to properly care for your gold vermeil rings? Check out our care guide to make sure your new pretties maintain their lustrous brilliance season after season.
Tips to Prevent Tarnishing
· Keep Away from Sulfides: Vermeil is gold laid over silver and well … silver tarnishes when exposed to oxygen and sulfides. To protect your gold vermeil rings from tarnishing, avoid contact with materials such as wool, felt, rubber and latex.
· Store in Airtight Container: Keep air away from your gold vermeil rings when you're not wearing them by storing them in airtight containers. Most jewelry boxes are lined with material that slows the process of tarnishing, so you may want to use one to store your rings.
How to Clean Gold Vermeil Rings
· DO NOT use chemical jewelry cleaners to clean your gold vermeil rings. To protect the gold finish, it's recommended you gently buff the jewelry with a soft (and DRY) towel made out of 100% cotton or microfiber.
· DO NOT rub or scrub the surface of your rings
· DO NOT use abrasive agent such as baking soda
General Care Tips for Wearing
· Stacking gold vermeil rings isn't typically recommended since scratches can cause the gold finish to wear.
· Do not wear when swimming in pools, hot tubs or the ocean.
· Do not wear when showering or bathing.
· Remove before applying lotions, creams and perfumes.
Caring for gold vermeil rings is made easy by our quick how to guide. Follow the above recommendations to keep your gold vermeil jewelry looking as new as they day you got it.